Uric Acid diathesis
Uric acid diathesis still causes many serious diseases in the human body because it is not a separate disease. This condition occurs by the accumulation of uric acid salts in different parts of the body.
Uric acid is produced by the natural breakdown of purine nitrogenous bases. In a healthy body, uric acid should go out through the excretory system. But when metabolic processes are disturbed, the acid begins to remain in the blood.
With the blood flow, it brings to various organs and remains there in the form of crystals. Most often, accumulation occurs in the gallbladder, kidneys, or joints.
With uric acid diathesis, the symptoms also vary due to the fact that salt can be present in different parts of the body. This doesn’t affect only the work of organs but can also affect the mental state of a person.
The most common symptoms of uric acid diathesis:
- Exposure to the nervous system of uric acid salts leads to the occurrence of neurasthenic syndrome. The person becomes irritable, restless, or even aggressive. His sleep may also disturb due to constant anxiety.
- Penetration into the walls of blood vessels causes disturbances in their work. As a result, pressure rises, headaches appear, and asthmatic attacks occur.
- The accumulation of uric acid in the area of the joints leads to pain in these places, and often tonight cramps.
- Symptoms of uric acid diathesis can also be in the gastrointestinal tract. These are diarrhea, vomiting, or, conversely, constipation. The most obvious symptom of uric acid diathesis in the body is the smell of acetone in the vomit.
- There may be an increase in temperature and increased heart rate during attacks.
- Sometimes there may be external skin symptoms in the form of rashes.
Uric acid diathesis in women shows symptoms during pregnancy. It can cause hormonal changes, possible urinary tract infections, and dehydration. Symptoms in pregnant women are especially noticeable in the first trimester during the period of toxicity.
When there is an accumulation of salts in the joints, this leads to a disease such as gout. A large amount of uric acid is often formed in the region of the big toes. It happens all of a sudden and apparently. The joints become swell, red, and very painful.
It looks like a hard bump at the base of the finger. After about 5-10 days, all painful symptoms remove, but the bump remains. There comes a period of calm, after which there may be more than one attack of gout.
Urolithiasis (Kidney Stones)
Accumulation of uric acid salt in the kidneys gives rise to the crystal urolithiasis. The sizes of formations can be both in the form of sand, and rather large stones. If the amount of salt formation is greater than the lumen in the ureter. Then it can clog the exit and the outflow of urine will stop.
This will cause severe back pain, nausea, and bloody formations in the urine. The disease proceeds without any special symptoms or with mild kidney pain.
The causes of uric acid diathesis include:
- Genetic trend
- Deficiencies of nutrition
- Consumption of animal liver, red meat, legumes, coffee, and beer. It can also occur by the consumption of other foods high in natural purines.
- Kidney failure
- Chemotherapeutic treatment in cancer
- Chronic diseases with a slow process
- Inflammatory processes in the liver
- Hard physical work and sports, including
- Constant stress
- Worsening of the metabolic process
- Long-term medication
Treatment of uric acid diathesis
Special treatment options for uric acid diathesis are not required, except when it develops into a specific disease. To remove unpleasant symptoms of uric acid diathesis the doctor can prescribe medications. He may prescribe Blemaren to remove uric acid present in the body.
It alkalizes urine and helps to remove salts with it. But it should not use if the body has phosphate salts. Allopurinol is also needed to reduce the formation of uric acid.
Urate and oxalate salts are well excreted with the help of Asparkam. He may also prescribe some drugs to increase urine output and salts accumulations. Drugs such as Urolesan, Fitolizin, or Kanefron. Vitamin complexes should be used to improve metabolic processes.
Besides medicines, he may use physiotherapy methods. It can be darsonvalization, UVI, ultrasound, magnetotherapy, and others.
If uric acid diathesis has led to the formation of kidney stones and medications no longer help. In such cases crushing the small particles or surgical removal of stone is prescribed.
Food to Avoid
You can treat uric acid diathesis with the help of a diet. It is necessary to exclude all foods from the diet that have a large number of purines in their composition. Here are the products:
- Fatty meats and fish
- Offal (organ meat)
- Rich broths
- All types of legumes
- Smoked products
- Canned food including homemade salt
- Seasonings and spicy-flavoring
- Strong tea
- Products containing cocoa
- Sorrel, radish, as well as cauliflower and asparagus.
The amount of salt consumed should be less than usual. But you need to drink more fluids to remove urate salts. In the diet, it is recommended to use vegetable and dairy products:
- Vegetables (except those included in the exclusion list)
- Milk and products from it
- Fats (milk and vegetable)
- Bread and flour products
You can eat lean meat every other day, but only in boiled form. Vegetables and fruits are best eaten fresh. Since it is important for the body to receive a sufficient amount of vitamins. This is about vitamin A since its deficiency can affect the increase in salt stones.
The calorie content of the diet should not be less than required. The daily need is about 3000 kcal if you do not calculate each case individually.
Dietary dishes for uric acid diathesis
You can use vegetarian soups for the first courses. They can be from vegetables or fruits, with the addition of cereals and milk.
Make food for the second diet from low-fat meat or fish products. Boil them to get started and then you can stew, fry or bake. Use no more than 3 times in 7 days.
From dairy dishes, you can use everything, except for salted cheeses. You can cook eggs in any form, but not more than 1 pc daily. Cook any cereals, but you should take vegetables only from those allowed.
Vegetable dishes are made from both fresh ingredients and other types of cooking. You can make salads, vinaigrettes, or boil vegetables.
Fruits, berries, jelly, sweets (without chocolate), honey, and jam are used as third courses. For drinks, you can use juices, kvass, compotes, weak coffee, and tea, with the addition of lemon or milk. You can use any bread and flour products, only with limited baking.